<$BlogRSDUrl$>



Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Bonus Code IGGY on Party Poker 

It's 10.30 and I just got home from a long day/evening of work.

So alas, I'm too burnt out to uber it up. Hopefully tomorrow.

Some friends are pinging me, telling me that Obama has clinched but I don't buy it. I'm gonna stay the cynic and wait for things to shake out.

Moving quickly along to poker, there's a ton of WSOP news out there, but frankly and hopefully without offending any of my friends writing at other poker sites, I'm only reading Pauly. I can't tell you how much I'm enjoying his take on the whole poker scene without the pressure of reporting chip stacks and all that crap. Kudos to him for doing things his way this year. Pure Pauly rules.

Another segue: MMAjunkie.com received a pretty cool NY Times link from the sports page. That's a first and shows how quickly the mainstream media is catching on to this exploding sport. Tis crazy.

But the funny thing is that the writer got a little bit of context wrong and was summarily attacked by a few MMA websites.

My favorite site quote on the whole thing?

Now for those of you who read MMAJunkie.com, you know that quote doesn’t sound much like Dann or any of the other monkeys he has writing in the background. If we're the sloppy butter handjob of fight sites, MMA Junkie is a clinical genital examination. It’s dry like sandpaper, and the guys go out of their way to state the facts and only the facts.


I'm going to put that in our media kit, for sure.

Sure, MMAjunkie.com does purty good with the AP style. Plus, Dann is a news breaking stud. But to be fair, we've just hired some stellar writers to start filling out the colour pieces so expect to see some great feature columns in the very near future.

I don't know, I'm just excited and blown away by the future possibilities. As dreadful as the CBS prime time show was, it was still surreal to realize that this sport is coming on gangbusters. Let's just say I had a bit of an epiphany.

So anyway, Nielsen released the full ratings today for the broadcast and here's where things stand after the first ever MMA broadcast event:

------

THE FINAL 20 MINUTES OF "CBS ELITEXC SATURDAY NIGHT FIGHTS," FEATURING THE MAIN EVENT OF KIMBO SLICE VS. JAMES THOMPSON DELIVERS AN AUDIENCE OF 6.51 MILLION VIEWERS

CBS's Inaugural Mixed Martial Arts Broadcast Dominates Its Time Period In All Key Young Men And Young Adult Demographics With Steady Gains Throughout The Telecast

Key Men Demos Soar in Final 21 Minutes: 4.1 in Men 18-34, 4.0 in Men 18-49,
4.3 in Men 25-54

------

I'm dying to go fishing.

All Content Copyright Iggy 2003-2007
Information on this site is intended for news and entertainment purposes only.


100% Signup Bonus at PokerStars.com up to $50

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?