<$BlogRSDUrl$>



Sunday, November 30, 2003

"To check-raise with a hand with which you want to thin out the field, you want the probable bettor to your right so that people will have to call a double bet to stay in. With a very strong hand and most come hands, you want the probable bettor to your left so the other players in the hand might call that bettor's single bet and then be invited to call the raise."
David Sklansky, Theory of Poker

Food for thought:
David Sklansky Ate My Brain, Part I

Made the switch to Empire tonight. I LOVE EMPIRE POKER!

Spent some time catching up on poker reading tonite. Found a vegan poker blog, of all things, which I refuse to link to. With all due respect to Howard Lederer, I hate vegans. Don't even get me started. Also found a poker blogger who is spending his time on TruePoker, yikes! As someone who has logged hundreds, if not thousands of hours on this site, I have some advice for them. PARTY POKER. It simply blows me away that someone would waste this golden age of poker playing at TP. Sadly, PokerPulse doesn't track TruePoker or I would compare the number of players at True versus Party at this moment.

Don't get me wrong, I used to be a big proponent of True Poker back before the World Poker Tour and Moneymaker WSOP win. The said blogger above was correct - they do have incredibly weak, passive players. But these are different times. "True" Poker, with it's 3D interface and avatar laughter, doesn't cut it these days. The smart money is where the soft games are. And True, despite a unique player experience, great customer support and responsive CEO, is a waste of time, imho.

Bottom line: you can only play one table at True. Hence, with the much smaller player population, you end up battling many regulars. That makes it much more important to track other players. As far as I know, there isn't a tool that allows you to do that with TruePoker. And that alone gives it a thumbs down.

BTW, did anyone else play with the ScoopMonster software on TruePoker besides me? :)

New 'David Ross Playing Online for a Living Week 31' post is up:

-
So after 5 weeks of shorthanded play I’ve made $8,600, around 1,700 per week. Clearly this is an improvement over the full table games and I will continue to play them. If I throw out the first week where I made only $600 the average is even more significant.
-

Damn.

Short handed poker is more comfortable to me in person than online. Weird, I know, but I feel that people reading skills are very important in short-handed play, just like no-limit. It's all about having an edge.

I decided tonight I'm a check-raising whore. I love to check-raise more than anything else on Party Poker. Someone will *always* bet your hand for you, you never have to worry about the dreaded free card.

The main thing that bothers me about Sklansky literature is that he doesn't discuss multi-way pots very often. And that's online poker, in my humble five year experience. If you are playing heads-up on the flop more often than not, for the love of God, change tables. Or change sites.

./end poker rant

Bengals > Steelers

Link of the day:
Black People Love Us




All Content Copyright Iggy 2003-2007
Information on this site is intended for news and entertainment purposes only.


100% Signup Bonus at PokerStars.com up to $50

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?