<$BlogRSDUrl$>



Sunday, December 21, 2003

Party Poker Blog

"Hold em is to stud what chess is to checkers."
Johnny Moss

Of course, Russ Gorgiev - GCA says stud is the best for learning. On the other hand, Johnny Moss, Mike Caro and Doyle Brunson say otherwise. Which is credible, a life-long cheat or the latter three?

Doyle Brunson > Russ Gorgiev

The complexities are so great in Texas Hold em that Doyle, in his treatise, SuperSystem, devotes 200 pages to hold em -- three or four times the space allowed for any other form of poker.

Nuff said.

Sigh, my Bengals were outclassed today by a superior team. My folks live in St. Louis so I lost an expensive restaurant bet, even though I knew I was doomed before kickoff. Speaking for all Cincinnatians, it's enough to enjoy a meaningful game this late in the year.

In Marvin We Trust. I'm still kinda bummed the Mikebrownsucks.com site went dormant. Some hilarious flame-wars. But anyway, Mike Brown STILL sucks. He only finally did what he should have done 12 years ago. Let a football guy have control.

Sad news to anyone who didn't follow my advice on Party - Empire bonus whoring. It appears as if the gravy train ended. Chris Halverson was the first to alert me to this. Go read the 2+2 Internet forums for the details.

Damn, that was easy money. :(

Party Poker rake: plenty of blustering noise about Party raising their rake on RGP. I personally don't blame them but I'm not sure it affects me a whole lot. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but here's the supposed details:

--
It was 5%
$1 per $20 and was increased to 5% on each $10 at least on 3/6,
5/10 and 10/20 tables.

So a hand with $30 used to have $1 rake it now has $1.50. A hand with a $50 pot used to have a $2 rake it is now $2.50.
--

A Poker Odyssey mentions a rake war. Don't hold your breath.

Had to dig deep, but I finally found one of the first poker "blogs" I ever read. Simon Diamond's Poker Page is a fine fellow from across the pond who documented his attempts at online poker. It wasn't nearly as interesting as Table Tango, but it was still fun to read.

Hopefully, even more players will start a poker blog. If only to help form your own thoughts about poker or hone your writing chops. Hell, it's free on Blogger.

I screwed up my deposit bonus on Party, only getting $80, instead of $100. Damn Guinness. But since buying back in last evening, I've played 264 of the 550 required hands and am up +$42. I LOVE PARTY POKER!

Link of the Day:
Delicious Aroma of Death
Hot Trails is the Acme Novelty Company for wily hunters, offering candles that trick animals on the last day of their lives. One good item for bears (or vegan houseguests who have overstayed their welcome): "Bacon Scent Candles."



All Content Copyright Iggy 2003-2007
Information on this site is intended for news and entertainment purposes only.


100% Signup Bonus at PokerStars.com up to $50

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?