<$BlogRSDUrl$>



Thursday, December 25, 2003

Poker Blogs: Merry Christmas!

Wanted to post a few links for the faithful. I've updated nearly every day thus far and I'm not gonna let a little holiday like Christmas get in my way.

To be honest, I'm kinda tired of linking. I'd prefer to just ramble about poker but I worry that folks (all ten of you) are only coming here for my linkage. It's a difficult balance, poker links versus commentary.

Party Poker update: I'm nearly done with my 550 hand requirement for my deposit bonus and i'm up $86. Best of all, I received an email for yet ANOTHER Empire deposit bonus. I'm trying to ascertain if this is valid or not. More on this later...

Link time. Enjoy.

Fine article about poker's continued growth.
Poker phenomenon grows as game become popular spectator sport.
-
"What I'm finding is, yeah they're green and they're inexperienced," said Lederer, a two-time WPT champion, "but they're playing like no other brand-new players I've ever played with."
-

I admire Daniel Negreanu for posting a new column on PokerPages on Christmas Eve.
Look Within Yourself for Answers
-
Bad decisions are born from a lack of focus combined with a lack of confidence. In order to be at your best, you have to separate the past from the present, and devote 100 percent of your attention to the here and now.
-

Many great poker blog posts out there. And some of these guys are digging into the guts of theory and probability. Please stop, you're making TheFatGuy's head hurt.

So here's a link relating to Game theory as applied to women
-

Comments:

-
May I suggest the "Namath approach"? Women love that.

The reason that game theory generally falls apart when applied to something like the stock market is that it requires rational, fully informed participants.

So, yeah, I'm sure it'll work just great with women.
-

Hope Felicia Lee isn't reading this right now. :)

OK, I debated even addressing this, but I feel it's best to point to the post and let you decide. I'll try and be nice.

Evil or just stupid?
From today's vegan poker blog, go read it yourself:

-
YES! I'm so happy to see an official "first case" of Mad Cow has been found in the US.
-

Wow, he's HAPPY. What did he do on 9/11, throw a party? Dance a jig?

--
I really hope the fallout from this news shakes the beef economy. A major market shift and a monetary blow to the industry may actually lead to some changes.

YAY VEGANS!

Go VEGAN today!
--

He's rooting for another blow to our economy? Rooting for more jobs to be lost? I don't care what your political affiliation, that's just on the cutting edge of stupidity.

Seriously, the Poker Vegan needs to keep his fucked inane opinions to himself. I guarantee this guy is a freaking horrific poker player, unlike intelligent vegan, Howard Lederer, whom I admire from afar.

He's probably a modest little person, with much to be modest about. I can't believe this guy lives in the US.

I wonder, if a massive hurricane wiped out most of our commercial fishing fleet, would Poker Vegan jump for joy?

After only playing for two years (he was a blackjack card-counter prior to playing poker - I lived in Vegas for several years, I know the type):

--
In September of 2002, I still had no job and I felt my poker was going well. I packed up my stuff and moved to Las Vegas to see what going "pro" would be like. I played in the 15/30 at the Bellagio almost every day. I also played a lot of tournaments. By the summer of 2003 I was in bad shape. I had been taking some risks and playing outside my bankroll. I used a lot of my bankroll on tournaments, especially with everything happening at the Bellagio and at Binion's during the spring.
--

This was after losing $800 in 50.1 in online poker:

--
I always enjoy finding new ways to capitalize on our nation's greatest resources: stupidity and ignorance. Poker looked like the perfect tool to do this. Knowing that the only way I was going to use poker to make money was to learn the game, I started reading. I purchased books on strategy. I read Internet discussion boards. I practiced! I created an account on Paradise Poker. I deposited $100 and played in the $0.50/$1 hold'em games. I lost it all. I repeated this 7 more times and lost a total of $800. This wasn't making me money, but I felt I was getting better.
--

Stupidity and ignorance, indeed. $800 in 50.1?

I'm refraining from calling him a freaking elitist idiot only because he PRACTICED and PURCHASED books.

Oh the humanity. Can you say flat-earth society?

And this is me being nice.
On Christmas, nonetheless.

I will support and pimp any poker blog out there except for the overweight vegan who is estatic that mad cow disease has hit the United States. I live on a farm, fer Gods sakes. I love both veggies and animals. And eat them both.

Mind-boggling. Truly.

/end rant

MeneGene had a great post regarding my link to the Andy Bloch Project and the theme of poker in life for the overeducated. I would recommend the book, Poker Faces, by David Hayano, for deeper sociological study on this matter.

Scroll down for veteran poker blogger, Pauly, Tuesday's trip-report on Tao of Poker - go read it now.
--
He confided in me that he had been detained at the border a month earlier because of a sexual assult charge (which was dismissed) had gotten him flagged at immigration, and we wouldn't let him into the country. I was so relieved when he got off at New Haven.
--

Cards Speak with yet another fine post, this time about John Feeny and rushes or "hot seats."

Allrighty then. I still have a buncha links but I'm tired and I gotta get up with the kids tomorrow morning.

Thanks for reading and my humble apologies if you are a dignified, quiet vegan.

Link of the Day:
Your Mommy Kills Animals
PETA advises children to "ask your mommy how many dead animals she killed to make her fur clothes."



All Content Copyright Iggy 2003-2007
Information on this site is intended for news and entertainment purposes only.


100% Signup Bonus at PokerStars.com up to $50

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?