<$BlogRSDUrl$>



Thursday, June 16, 2005

I consider myself very assiduous about staying on scope in this here poker blog. It's one of the reasons I write so much about all things poker and so little about myself.

It's one of the few positive things I can say about my drivel.
It's almost always poker-related drivel.

But here's an awful story. Go ahead and leave now if you don't wanna hear bad news. I'll be back in a few days, I hope, with a genuine uber post. It will be helpful, methinks.

But for now....

I played poker all night. Arranged to have a superb lunch with three ex-coworkers and friends at my favorite Italian restaurant. It was a rollicking good time catching up on workplace gossip and whatnot.

I arrive back home and head upstairs to remove these bothersome pants I had to wear for lunch. Find my wife sobbing. Inconsolable.

My wife's family all live here in the bustling metropolis of Cincy. They're a pretty close-knit bunch. My wife has one sister who has four wonderful kids.

The oldest, 21 year old Jennifer, was a college student due to get married in two months, almost to the day.

Her fiance found her dead at the bottom of the stairs late this morning.

And that's all we know right now.

The family is beyond devastated, what can you say? In fact, the grief was so overpowering and heartwrenching that I had to leave where everyone had gathered. I feel guilty and awful but I couldn't bear it after a few hours. But I'm heading back over in a few. I just wanted to write this so folks could send positive vibes, prayers or whatever to the family.

I'm sorry to be a downer but this is today. And since I have friends who read this, it's easier to blog this surreal tragedy than send out a bajillion emails.

As an added touch, it's the Grandpa's 65th birthday today.

Fucked up, no?


All Content Copyright Iggy 2003-2007
Information on this site is intended for news and entertainment purposes only.


100% Signup Bonus at PokerStars.com up to $50

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?