<$BlogRSDUrl$>



Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Happiness is coming home from vacation and finding a Neteller check in your mailbox for money that you considered lost.

Happiness is also nearly breaking the Minnesota state record for a smallmouth bass.



This is a terrible angle in this photo, but the fish is nearly 23 inches long and weighed in at 7lbs. The state record is 8 lbs even.

For my dad's birthday, I had hired a guide to take us out fishing. We were jigging on the backside of Drumbeater Island when this monster hit. I thought I had a bigass northern, initially, until he jumped.

At that point, our guide started getting very excited.

When I finally boated the fish, our guide nearly pooped his pants, claiming it was the biggest smallie he'd ever seen taken out of a Minnesota lake. Long story short, I'm getting the fish mounted, against my catch and release judgement.

I realize fishing stories rank right up there with bad beat stories, but hey, I'll never catch a smallie this big ever again.

Edit: Just learned that John from Cincinnati has been cancelled. Damnit.

I don't know Butchie instead.


All Content Copyright Iggy 2003-2007
Information on this site is intended for news and entertainment purposes only.


100% Signup Bonus at PokerStars.com up to $50

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?