<$BlogRSDUrl$>



Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Just a few random poker things this morning.

I'm here at work for a few more hours and then it's off to the boat. There's been a 5/10 nomax game going off and I'm hankering to get me a piece of that action. I've got my cash, goofy gambling hat and designated driver ready to go.

I saw that Al announced the next installment of the BBT. Yikers, is this really number four?

I was also pinged by my friend, Randy Ray, and I thought his giving out a grand for best article seemed pretty damn generous and I'd pimp it here.

That's right. $1000 for the best poker strategy article submitted in the next month.

Here's his rules:


--
Get $1000 For a Poker Strategy Article
I'm holding a content-writing contest for one of my poker sites, http://www.bonusinternetpoker.com/. I want to expand the poker strategy section there, and so I'm offering a prize of $1000 to the best poker strategy article that's submitted, and ten runner up prizes of $100 each.

Here are the details:

* The writing contest is free to enter and is open to anyone who is 18 years or older.
* The grand prize winner of the contest will receive $1000.
* Ten other contestants will receive $100 each.
* Multiple entries are just fine - in fact, they're encouraged.
* If you don't win a prize, your article still gets published with your byline, so you still get exposure.
* Submissions for the poker strategy writing contest will be accepted until midnight central time on January 31, 2009.
* Articles should be between 500 and 2000 words long.
* The writing will be judged by a team of writers and editors who work for me. (They're not eligible to participate in the contest.)
* The writing will be judged based on how interesting and well-written the articles are.
* Prizes will be paid via paypal.

We're accepting submissions on the following topics:

* General Poker Strategy
* Texas Holdem Poker Strategy
* Omaha Hi Lo Poker Strategy
* Razz Poker Strategy
* Seven Card Stud Poker Strategy

Contact me via PM or by email for more details.
---

Again, I'm not one to normally pimp something like this, but again, a grand for one article seems like a helluva deal.

I suppose I'll leave you with this article posted by the CEO of Zappo's:
Everything I Know About Business I Learned From Poker

Hope everyone enjoys a safe New Years.


All Content Copyright Iggy 2003-2007
Information on this site is intended for news and entertainment purposes only.


100% Signup Bonus at PokerStars.com up to $50

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?