<$BlogRSDUrl$>



Monday, July 13, 2009

I've read quite a bit of media coverage about this past weekends UFC 100. And media coverage ABOUT the media coverage and mainstream media and acceptance versus tolerance, for and against.

Assimilation into modern culture thanks to the outlaw nature of the sport, our cultural desensitization to violence, and mostly, TV exposure.

I started this blog in the fall of 2003 and pretty much documented the cultural juggernaut of poker into the mainstream. Things were different then.

Mainstream media per poker and the UFC? Wow.

There's a rant here but Twitter has killed my writing. I really should get the fuck off Twitter.

All I'm saying is, Brock Lesnar is the Chris Moneymaker of MMA.


All Content Copyright Iggy 2003-2007
Information on this site is intended for news and entertainment purposes only.


100% Signup Bonus at PokerStars.com up to $50

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?