<$BlogRSDUrl$>



Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Hey there, gentle reader. I'm still here.

The end of August was when I had planned to return to business as usual here. And now it's September 1st and I'm ill equipped, as Otis would say.

Aw hell, there's plenty of time to get back on the bus and bang worthy poker blogging out here like the good old days. I naively thought that going part-time at the ad agency would free me up, but instead, I'm more busy than ever. Funny how that works.

If I had my druthers, I'd work on repurposing this monster of a poker blog on a domain. Build it all out with proper I/A and categorization, et al. And start cranking out new stuff.

Alas, one can dream, can't he?

For now, let me throw a few tidbits out there. Part of me thinks I was lucky to get out of poker when I learned that the founder of PokerListings was murdered in his home in front of his young child. That's pretty fucked up right there, my friends.

And then Party Poker purchased the WPT for only 12 million?

It makes me feel like the cranky old guy muttering about the good old days and these damn kids and their rock and roll music and how it's probably best just to stay shuttered up in my house and get the fuck off of my lawn.

Quick segue: want to see my proud city represented in the video contest to appear on FOX Sports in the Million Dollar Challenge to play Daniel Negreanu for a million bucks?

Go hit the PokerStars blog and watch that first video. Yikes! Frenchy, indeed.

Another interesting link I wanted to throw out there was this NPR story entitled: Spotting Lies: Listen, Don't Look. Lord, I love me some psychological warfare.

And funny, but despite the title of the above article, it didn't mention "Poker-clack", the term coined by the ancient Mike Caro a long, long time ago in his Book of Tells. And I just wanted to say it was superb seeing Mike on ESPN's WSOP Main Event coverage this year. I've been wondering where the hell he disappeared to.

For the record, I have tons of Caro content in my notes. I just need to start writing about it. It's tough because things have passed so far by where/when his poker literature was written. It's just a different universe now.

And so I guess that's it for now. Thanks for stopping by this humble poker blog.

Allow me to leave you with a video that disturbed some parents out there. I really wanted to put it on MMAjunkie.com but brighter minds prevailed.


All Content Copyright Iggy 2003-2007
Information on this site is intended for news and entertainment purposes only.


100% Signup Bonus at PokerStars.com up to $50

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?